Eye dee kaye
Tournament and Celebration at Kings Landing
King Robert Baratheon has declared a great celebration leading up to the his eldest sons seventh birhtday, including a hunt, tournaments, competitions and a feast. Nobles, merchants and adventurers from across the seven kingdoms are flocking to the King’s Landing to participate in the festivities. There are seven official events to honor the seven gods:
- The melee – Free for all fight with dozens of participants the last man standing wins.
- The skirmish – Many three man teams fight it out in an obstacle course.
- The battle – Six man teams pitted directly against each other.
- The siege – Large teams take turns defending and attacking a fortified structure.
- The Duel – One on one fight with any weapon or armor.
- The Joust – Joust three tilts with blunted lances.
- The Maze – A Labyrinth infested with monsters the team that escapes with the shortest time wins.
There are several unofficial events hosted by third parties. There is Martial Arts tournament hosted by a Monastery near King’s Landing. The three largest mercenary companies, The second Sons, The Golden Company and the Stormcrows, also host various martial events in order to prove which company is superior. The events include categories such as sword and shield, two weapon fighting, axe, mace, spear, Light armored combat, heavy armored combat, archery, mounted archery etc.